While we should use common sense at all times, members and guests are asked to keep in mind the following reminders of club safety and etiquette.
- Strictly 'No Smoking' anywhere on site – these are school premises.
- It is preferable that members arrive before 6:00pm (Writtle), or 7.00pm (Sandon), to assist with setting out the equipment. If that is not possible then it would be considerate if they could help with clearing the equipment away at the end of the session; otherwise it falls to the same few people each time. The Sandon School Hall should be cleared by 9.00pm.
- Remember to sign in on the membership list and to mark your target preference on the form provided. Depending on the number of people present on the day, there may have to be two or even three details.
- Do not leave a sole archer on the line.
- Do not leave or join the line if the archer on either side is at full draw.
- All members to be aware of the meaning of the command 'FAST' and to not only cease shooting but to remove their arrow from the bow. 'FAST' is called out if there is an issue that requires all archers to cease shooting until instructed to continue.
- Be aware of the whistles (and verbal) instructions for 'safe to shoot' and 'safe to collect'.
- Only nock an arrow when standing at the shooting line and to keep the arrow pointing towards the target at all times.